Led by columnist John D. Sutter, the project aims to push for change on intractable issues in forgotten places.
Each Change the List story focuses on an extreme case: The state with the lowest voter turnout rate; the state with the highest rate of income inequality; the river that’s most endangered.
The goal is to start a conversation that could push these places off the bottom of their respective lists.
We can help create a better world together.
Sutter will report six Change the List projects in the coming months. You chose five of them by popular vote in June 2013. A sixth will be chosen by a group of CNN editors.
Check back soon to find out which project we’ll tackle first.
Here are the five issues you selected:
- The state with the highest rate of income inequality
- The worst illegal wildlife trade
- The place where rape is most common
- The poorest kids in the world
- America’s most endangered river